What can I say, it’s all so very different and yet the same.
I work from home so the views haven’t changed only now the work I produce has come to a grinding halt , as I work out how to home educate ( very steep learning curve)
So many art trails, galleries and exhibitions closed , events now held lightly festivals cancelled , postponed, even the olympics has been cancelled. But we as artists know all this we have seen our corner of the universe get quite a bit darker.  But out we come with inventiveness and creativity my friends who are able are switching to the great online, looking to provide lessons, materials, and sales . The virtual world has truly become a place where we live and work. Church communities, school lessons, P.E. Lessons,  fitness classes, music lessons all delivered online. You can take tours of museums  everything . My new life has become one of making sure the boy gets to his paper round, breakfast, pe with Jo and the small two , online lessons , a walk down to local river, cooking with surprise ingredients. I’m loving this sunshine and as lent has progressed , I have had communion in bed with an online community Very early in the morning ( I tried to stay awake for the online breath and the clay communion but I watched pretty much all of it but must’ve missed the actual communion) I’ve had musicians playing a live set over Facebook at the dinner table every night. In many ways what has felt unsure and shifting sand has become a place of sure footed ness . Glenda and I hold zoom meetings and still hold our plans lightly but before the lockdown we have been able to go and work out where and what at Stathern lodge, For the Autumn gathering is still being planned. We have our fab music team and a building just need to talk to the amazing catering team and a few more tweaks, and we will be golden.
 Also Glenda and I are still planning the christian artists together exhibition in July but we are both aware that life might not be anywhere near back to normal, or the new normal,  but Glenda is working on the google docs for that as we speak.

 For me , I’m feeling a little stretched , I’m desperate to get back on with the work , but I really have no time, all my time is taken up with home educating the small two and the housework beyond that there really hasn’t been any time, but these lyrics from the song Pilgrim by John Mark McMillan , , I love singing this .
And there is a heavenly city
That I’m compelled to find
Oh, I love the flowers and trees
And the smell of the grindin’ seed
And all the beautiful things here in life

And I
I’m a pilgrim here on this side of the great Divide
I’m a pilgrim here but I’ll walk with you for a while .

This has become my lockdown song.
 (There’s more lyrics but these are the lines I sing  the most.)it feels so very oddly prophetic, and beautiful. Here we are in world that has to stop.
But here we are carrying on in a million different tiny ways , local ways, and intentional ways .
So here’s my advice in all of this reach out to people online, download what’s app make a group and chat away , take photographs, draw when you can , get your daily exercise walk. Don’t go to the shops unless you really really have to. Stay 3 meters apart. Wash hands, wipe the shopping, disinfect the door handles , get people to help you if you can’t go out.
Life is different , life is amazing, the birds are singing spring is on the way.







Comments

Popular Posts