Psalm45

This morning I was reading psalm 45 , and I got to verse9, and Kings Daughters were among they honourable women:upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir. (kjv)
And bang Ophir , err okay so Ophir ? What is or where is Ophir? And why is the gold from there important or what is it about there being gold from Ophir that is important. What are you trying to get me to see?
So off I went on my little research hunt.
Ophir, is thought to be in one of two places, India or Ethiopia.
They had also thought it might be a collection of ruins in Zimbabwe but the ruins turned out to be medieval .
Why is this important ?
I kept thinking about where Israel is geographically , how it’s on the trade routes.
How far those goods would’ve taken to get to the kings courts. The fact that they were trading with places as far away as Ethiopia and India and how exotic and precious the gold must’ve been. So highly prized. It must’ve been purer, to be this highly prized and sought after.
Trading ....
Travel .....
People moving fluidly.highly prized all of this, Gods boundaries are different.
So I reread the same psalm in the passion translation .
The daughters of kings, women of honour,   are maidens in your courts.and standing beside you glistening In your pure and golden glory, is the beautiful bride to be!
Ahh the bride to be.
Her royal majesty.  Dressed in gold from afar . Precious, dazzling, glowing. And I’m back with that thought light in the dark. Presented in royal courts.
Ophir a strange word which can either be of two places not sure really where. Has sent me on this little thought process.
From one verse in the bible.
Where does your bible reading take you.? This image is one of Donna Drouin’s work from The girl with The Cardboard wings, a story Donna is currently working on.

Comments

  1. Hello. I am a Pioneer Ministry working on gathering Christian Artists for exhibitions (a mixture of in place and online content). I was wondering if I might be able to contact you to see if I could use some of your art online as part of the ministry - you have my email above - my name is Claire - this is an example of the latest event in case you wish to check it out. Thanks
    https://www.facebook.com/events/664169641016290/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts