Connecting with God during Plien air.

I live in a house full of people, and finding the space to connect to God can be a battle to find silence, to find a way for the daily lists and constant interruptions to break away and just be alone it’s hard. Really hard. Some days I just don’t get more than a minute, other days when the garden needs weeding I get much longer. But the last couple of nights I’ve sat by my veg bed and drawn. My process for drawing plein air is to set up my little fishing stool spread out the art materials . I take a small drop mat and spread that on the ground to place my materials on. And then I just sit and look. I look for a really long time. I find in the time I take to observe is where I can feel the day fall off of me, I can feel the lists empty out of my mind and the depths of silence take over. In this prayer space I can connect with God and then I draw. My drawings are my worship and my prayers I often find that doing art they are both, they cross over and what started as prayer becomes worship.I feel Gods presence with me whilst I’m there in that space of silence, in nature .




Comments

Popular Posts